REVIEW: IPAD MINI (2019)

WIRED | 3/21/2019 | Lauren Goode
Traight (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.wired.com/photos/5c92e94aee20947f575edb4c/191:100/pass/ipadmini-2140-Edit.jpg

Apple’s new iPad Mini is an eight-inch bundle of contradictions. It’s new! But also, it’s not new. It works with Pencil! But it’s only compatible with the older Pencil. It has a high-resolution display! It also has thick bezels, ones reminiscent of an iPad from another era. It’s the fifth iPad Mini, and it feels like a product borne from an operations meeting about ways in which to use up existing components, rather than something that emerged from a blank space and a Great Scott! moment of ideation.

Here’s the thing about iPad Mini, though: Most of this won’t matter. The iPad Mini is about emotion. It’s not the most popular iPad that Apple makes—that title goes to the 9.7-inch model—but the people who are gonna buy it are gonna buy it.

Did - Version - IPad - Mini - Sold

Did you love an earlier version of iPad Mini? Sold. Looking for a small tablet for photo and video viewing, one that doubles as a kind of aluminum unibody babysitter? There you go. Are you a jetsetter trying to cram your digital life into the small tray protruding from a seat back? Done deal. Maybe you’re not the one making the buying decision at all; maybe it’s your employer who has determined that the iPad Mini is the best one for you to use out in the field or behind the counter. And maybe you’re fine with that, because iOS, Apple’s mobile operating system, feels familiar.

These types of buyers will embrace the new iPad Mini regardless of specs and ports and Pencil-newness. (And, hey, there’s still a 3.5mm headphone jack!) Me? I want to love it, and wanted to believe this would be the iPad I’d finally fall in love with. But I still can’t hold the Mini comfortably in one hand, and I’ve felt little need to use a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: WIRED
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.
Tagged: