Contributing to the Black Archive: The Battle of Ranskoor av Kolos

Kaliela101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/719/2019/01/09-The-God-Complex.jpg

I have some wonderful news to share: I have been commissioned to write the volume on the season finale episode from the last series of Doctor Who, namely the episode with the title “The Battle of Ranskoor av Kolos,” for the Obverse Books series The Black Archive! If the name of the series sounds familiar to you, but you haven’t actually read any books in the series (yet), it may be because I interviewed Paul Driscoll on my podcast not long ago, and we focused attention in our conversation on his book in that series, about the episode “The God Complex.” Do have a listen to that if you haven’t already.

For those who aren’t avid fans of the show and may wonder about the name of the book series, in the Doctor Who universe, the Black Archive refers to a top secret vault that UNIT kept things in that it really wasn’t supposed to have. The book series offers short volumes that each focuses on a critical engagement with an individual episode from the series, all the way back from the beginning through to the most recent.

Themes - Episode - Resources - Threads - Moments

Given the themes of the episode, I’m going to be eager to find resources that help me connect threads between it and other moments in the show’s history. And so I thought I would crowdsource my effort to track down relevant secondary literature. If anyone knows of discussions in periodicals and books about the Doctor’s ethics and nonviolence, or faith and religion, in connection with earlier episodes, please do draw them to my attention. While I’m sure I can find what is essential, it is entirely possible that I would nonetheless miss something particularly great but older and since neglected. For this reason, I’m eager to receive recommendations of things that I might miss,...
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: