Gillibrand Acknowledges ‘Human Errors’ in Staff Sexual Misconduct Investigation

Washington Free Beacon | 3/20/2019 | Jeffrey Cimmino
Claw987Claw987 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Kirsten-Gillibrand.jpg

BY: Jeffrey Cimmino

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D., N.Y.) acknowledged "human errors" were made in her office's handling of staff sexual misconduct allegations. A female Gillibrand staffer ultimately resigned as a result of what she said was the mishandling of her complaint.

Gillibrand - Iowa - Nomination - Tuesday - Fact

Gillibrand, while campaigning in Iowa for the 2020 Democratic nomination on Tuesday, responded to the fact a male aide was fired after Politico presented additional information about the allegations.

"We decided that because of some post-investigation human errors that future investigations should be done by our new chief of staff, who actually has experience in this area," Gillibrand said, per the Associated Press.

Ways - Person - Respect - Dignity

"If there are ways to improve, we certainly will. We always have taken this seriously and investigated it thoroughly and treated every person who’s come forward with the respect and dignity they deserve," she added.

Earlier this month, Politico reported that a young staffer resigned last summer over what she called a poor handling of a sexual harassment complaint she made against a senior, male aide.

Courage - Harasser - Office - Inconvenience - Woman

"When I had the courage to speak up about my harasser, I was belittled by her office and treated like an inconvenience," the woman...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!