Man from Hereford scoops £71MILLION EuroMillions jackpot

Mail Online | 3/20/2019 | Mark Duell for MailOnline
AnnieFoxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/20/11/11224624-0-image-a-89_1553082535810.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/03/20/5318727733645784449/1024x576_MP4_5318727733645784449.mp4

A metal factory worker is planning a spending spree but warned off gold-diggers today after insisting his £71 million EuroMillions jackpot win - the 15th biggest in UK history - will change his life.

Ade Goodchild, from Hereford, has his eye on a new house with a Jacuzzi, 'a few staff' and dream holidays to the Grand Canyon and the Pyramids after claiming a prize of £71,057,439 following Friday's EuroMillions draw.

Press - Conference - Today - Great - Malvern

The 58-year-old told a press conference today in Great Malvern, Worcestershire: 'I'm not one of these winners who is going to say this win won't change me. It bloody well will, or at least I'll give it a damn good go!'

Mr Goodchild, who is single and has now quit his job, was asked by reporters if he thought the money made him a more 'attractive' romantic prospect. He replied: 'Anybody I think I couldn't have pulled before has got no chance.

'I - Wallet - People - Man - Things

'I haven't suddenly become more attractive overnight - just my wallet has. I take people as I find them but like I say, I'm not a stupid man. I have done stupid things, luckily I've learned from them.'

Mr Goodchild, who weighs 20 stone and is an only child, added: 'There'll be no more shift work for me. I want to travel, find myself a lovely new home, go to top sporting events, and try many other things besides.'

Win - Wales - Ireland - Match - Television

He said he celebrated his win by watching the Wales v Ireland rugby match on television with his parents while sharing a takeaway pizza and spicy chicken wings, all washed down with Italian beer.

Mr Goodchild said he had an urge to check his ticket on Saturday, instead of waiting for Monday as usual, and did not realise he had won the jackpot at first when he scanned his ticket on the National...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!