Little Mix's Jesy Nelson filming BBC documentary about mental health

Mail Online | 3/20/2019 | Kate Thomas for MailOnline
iceyy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/20/09/11219406-0-image-a-21_1553074473015.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/03/20/5068552793254477881/1024x576_MP4_5068552793254477881.mp4

She's become an icon of female empowerment and a role model for her fans.

And Jesy Nelson has announced she had teamed up with the BBC for an upcoming documentary exploring body image and mental health, titled Jesy Nelson: My Story.

Little - Mix - Singer - Age - Selfies

The Little Mix singer will look at how growing up in a social media-fuelled age of selfies, body shaming and trolling is having a profound impact on the mental health of young people.

Having lived in the spotlight and under the scrutiny of the media for the past seven years, the 27-year-old star will bring this unique insight and passion to the documentary.

Share - Experiences - People

She is set to share her very personal experiences, as well as talking to young people who have been affected.

Jesy commented: 'This is a project really close to my heart, and I’m delighted to be working with the BBC on a documentary that will both challenge me personally and also highlight a hugely important issue affecting young people today.'

Fiona - Campbell - Controller - BBC - Three

Fiona Campbell, Controller of BBC Three, says: 'BBC Three has a rich history of delivering impactful films and we’re really pleased that we can provide a platform for Jesy to tell her story.

'As a young female in a successful girl band where intense scrutiny from the public is the norm, Jesy offers a unique perspective on the impact social media can have on an individual and their mental health.

Promises - Watch - Themes - Doubt - Resonate

'It promises to be an eye-opening watch, full of universal themes which will no doubt resonate with our audience.'

David Brindley, Head of Commissioning, Popular Factual and Factual Entertainment at the BBC, says: 'We’re delighted to be working with Jesy on what promises to be a very personal...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!