Russo Brothers Confirm They’re Misleading Audiences Again With ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Trailers

/Film | 3/19/2019 | Ben Pearson
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/avengers-endgame-trailer-natasha-tony-techsuit.jpg

When it comes to Marvel movie trailers, it’s becoming increasingly obvious that we shouldn’t believe what we see. Spider-Man was hidden from an airport fight shot in the Captain America: Civil War trailer, the Thor: Ragnarok trailers faked out audiences by including a key shot of Thor with both of his eyes, and an Avengers: Infinity War trailer threw us off by including a shot of Hulk running with Team Wakanda that never even appeared in the film.

Now directors Anthony and Joe Russo have confirmed that they’re doing the same thing with the Avengers Endgame trailers in order to preserve the audiences’ experience of being surprised in the theater. Place your bets below about which shots have been digitally altered.

Empire - Online - ComingSoon - Joe - Russo

Speaking with Empire Online (via ComingSoon), Joe Russo talked about why he and his brother have convinced the Marvel Studios marketing team to mislead audiences:

“We talked about all scales of marketing. The thing that’s most important to us is that we preserve the surprise of the narrative. When I was a kid and saw The Empire Strikes Back at 11am on the day it opened…it so profoundly moved me because I didn’t know a damn thing about the story I was going to watch. We’re trying to replicate that experience.”

Summer - Russos - Something - Podcast - Interview

Last summer, the Russos said something similar in a podcast interview:

“We look at the trailer as a very different experience than the movie, and I think audiences are so predictive now that you have to be very smart about how you craft a trailer because an audience can watch a trailer and basically tell you what’s gonna happen in the film. We consume too much content. So at our disposal are lots of different shots that aren’t in the movie that we can manipulate through CG to tell...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!