Trump won’t let McCain feud rest in peace

KRTV.com | 3/19/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://s3.amazonaws.com/cordillera-network/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2019/03/19113655/S106884076-3002-1024x576.jpg

For Donald Trump, feuding comes as easily as breathing.

His latest shots at the late John McCain and his escalating social media altercation with George Conway, the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, are the latest examples of how the President just cannot resist a fight. But they also offer a fresh glimpse into a personality that is built on conflict, the search for an enemy and an insatiable quest for personal victories.

President - Clash - Times - Battles - Warrior

Sometimes the President initiates a clash. At other times he revives old battles like a warrior consumed by previous victories.

Even though McCain died nearly seven months ago, Trump cannot put their acrimony — which caused the late Arizona senator to plan his funeral as an extended rebuke to the President, to rest.

Reporters - Oval - Office - Tuesday - Shots

He explained to reporters in the Oval Office Tuesday why he is still taking shots at the Vietnam war hero, including in a recent Twitter rant.

“I was never a fan of John McCain and I never will be,” Trump said, citing his foe’s vote against a GOP effort to repeal Obamacare.

Things

“I think that’s disgraceful, plus there are other things,” he said.

Trump complained DURING weekend that McCain spread the “fake and totally discredited dossier” drawn up by former British Spy Christopher Steele that alleged that he was compromised by Russia. McCain said he provided a copy of the dossier to the FBI. And one of his associates, David Kramer shared a copy with BuzzFeed, according to court records.

Critics - Trump - Obsessions - McCain - Foes

For his critics, Trump’s obsessions with McCain and other foes are not just unseemly. They are a sign of a man who is poorly suited to the job of President, and even temperamentally unfit to serve as commander in chief in a dangerous world.

But Trump’s refusal to let bygones be bygones is also a political device. He’s used the endless personal...
(Excerpt) Read more at: KRTV.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: