Filmmaker Responds To Claims That Upcoming Biopic Starring Kate Winslet & Saoirse Ronan Depicts Fictional **** Relationship

The Playlist | 3/18/2019 | Charles Barfield
iceyy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Francis-Lee-To-Direct-Kate-Winslet-Saoirse-Ronan-In-****-Lovers-Drama.jpg

Production has recently just begun on filmmaker Francis Lee’s upcoming project “Ammonite,” which stars Kate Winslet and Saoirse Ronan. And while that combination of filmmaker and actresses would be enough to delight many cinephiles, it appears that “Ammonite” has found itself embroiled in a bit of a controversy.

For those that haven’t been following the pre-production of “Ammonite” (and you probably haven’t), the film tells the true story of Mary Anning, a British paleontologist from the 19th Century, who became shunned by her peers in the scientific community due to her gender and political opinions. However, none of that is what is drawing the ire of some of Anning’s distant relatives.

Report - Film - Production - Script - Film

You see, what is being reported (and it’s only a report given the film isn’t even finished production) is that the script for the film (written by Lee) features a **** relationship between Anning, played by Winslet, and a younger woman, played by Ronan. According to a report from the Telegraph, who interviewed some of Anning’s distant relatives, this relationship is pure fiction.

“I believe if Mary Anning was gay she should be portrayed as gay and this should also be by a gay actress,” said Barbara Anning. “But I do not believe there is any evidence to back up portraying her as a gay woman… I believe Mary Anning was abused because she was poor, uneducated and a woman. Is that not enough?”

Film-makers - Aspects - Somebody - Sexuality - Story

She added, “Do the film-makers have to resort to using unconfirmed aspects to somebody’s sexuality to make an already remarkable story sensational? Imagine the shame and embarrassment this woman would be feeling right now to actually have her private sex life discussed and played out on screen. This adds nothing to her story.”

Another relative, Lorraine...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!