Beto O'Rourke's hacker buddies cut a deal to keep membership a secret while he ran for Senate

Mail Online | 3/18/2019 | Emily Goodin, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com
LordLord (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/18/22/11157106-0-image-a-91_1552946734536.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/03/18/4912561241617023703/1024x576_MP4_4912561241617023703.mp4

Beto O'Rourke benefited from a deal his former hackers cut with Reuters reporter Joseph Menn to keep the former congressman's membership in the 'Cult of Dead Cow' a secret until after the 2018 Senate race.

Menn recalled in an interview with Reuters that he figured out a former member of the elite hacking group was in Congress but he didn't know which lawmaker it was.

Lawmaker - Hackers - Identity - Menn - O'Rourke

And the lawmaker's fellow hackers protected his identity, telling Menn they would not confirm it was O'Rourke unless the Reuters journalist promised not to write about it until after the November election, when O'Rourke was challenging Republican Sen. Ted Cruz.

'While I was looking into the Cult of the Dead Cow I knew they had a member who was sitting in Congress. I didn't know which one. But I knew that they had a member of Congress,' Menn told Reuters.

O'Rourke - Members - Group - Person - November

He added he figured out it was O'Rourke but 'the members of the group wouldn't talk to me about who it was. They wouldn't confirm that it was this person unless I promised that I wouldn't write about it until after the November election.'

He said the two sides came to a deal: 'They said "We'll talk to you about Beto O'Rourke but it's gotta be after the November election that it runs." I said "Ok." I met Beto O'Rourke. I said, "I'm writing a book about Cult of the Dead Cow, I think that's really interesting. I know you were in this group. This book is gonna publish after November and your Senate race is over." And he said "Ok!" And he told me about his time in the Cult of the Dead Cow.'

Day - O'Rourke - Bid - Nomination - Computer

One day after O'Rourke announced his bid for the Democratic presidential nomination, it was revealed he was a teenage computer hacker who posted fiction about killing...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Warum denn nicht?