‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ Part 2 Trailer: Creator Reveals Musical Finale Plans

IndieWire | 3/18/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/CAS_113_Unit_00542R-copy.jpg

When “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” returns to Netflix for Part 2, there will be plenty to scream — and sing — about. At Sunday’s Emmys For Your Consideration event for the dark coming-of-age drama about the half-mortal witch Sabrina Spellman, series creator Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa revealed that the season will conclude with a musical number.

“We have an amazing musical number in the finale,” he said in front of an audience at Los Angeles’ Pacific Design Center after screening the first episode. “It’s been something we’ve been wanting to do since the beginning. One of the last days of shooting…I went up to Vancouver the day they were doing this big number. It was the proudest I’d ever been of a cast and a crew. They came together to do this huge set piece. So I’m really excited about that.”

Musicals - Horror - Pairing - Aguirre-Sacasa - Fan

Although musicals and horror may not seem like the most obvious pairing, Aguirre-Sacasa is a known fan of musicals and has even featured them on his other dark adaptation of an Archie Comics property, The CW’s “Riverdale.” For that show’s second season, the characters put on a musical version of “Carrie.” This season on March 20, “Riverdale” will tackle a musical based on the classic dark high school comedy “Heathers.”

Unfortunately, Aguirre-Sacasa wouldn’t divulge what the musical number on “Sabrina” will entail, but he did indicate that it included everyone who joined him on the FYC stage: Kiernan Shipka (Sabrina), Lucy Davis (Aunt Hilda), Miranda Otto (Aunt Zelda), Michelle Gomez (Madame Satan), Chance Perdomo (Cousin Ambrose), and Jaz Sinclair (Ros).

Aguirre-Sacasa - Lot - Seeds - Episodes - Fruition

Aguirre-Sacasa also added, “A lot of seeds that we planted in the first 10 episodes come to fruition. The storytelling is spread around a little bit more evenly in the back nine so that’s really exciting. It’s a little scarier.”

The cast also teased what to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!
2KXVI