Reuters reporter agreed to hold story of Beto teenage hacking group until after 2018 election

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 3/17/2019 | Fuzzy Slippers
hoppers911 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Beto-NBC-News-e1552854438951.png

Apparently, Robert “Beto” O’Rourke was a member of a teenage hacking group called Cult of the Dead Cow.

An intrepid Reuters reporter, who was researching a book at the time, tracked down and confirmed this story prior to the 2018 midterms, but agreed to hold it until after Texas voters headed to the polls to vote for their choice for Senate. In that race, O’Rourke lost to incumbent Senator Ted Cruz (R).

Washington - Examiner

The Washington Examiner reports:

Reuters held on to a report about former congressman Beto O’Rourke and his participation in a hacking group as a teenager until after his failed 2018 Senate race in Texas.

O'Rourke - Thursday - Nomination - Day - Reuters

O’Rourke, now 46, announced Thursday he’s running for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination. A day later, Reuters reported he was a member of a computer hacking group called the Cult of the Dead Cow and authored a series of writings under the name “Psychedelic Warlord” [. . . .], including disturbing fiction he wrote when he was about 15 that detailed the murder of children.

“I’m mortified to read it now, incredibly embarrassed, but I have to take ownership of my words,” O’Rourke said in an apology. “Whatever my intention was as a teenager doesn’t matter, I have to look long and hard at my actions, at the language I have used, and I have to constantly try to do better.”

Anything - Today - Reporters - Friday - Anything

“It’s not anything I’m proud of today, and I mean, that’s the long and short of it,” he told reporters earlier on Friday. “All I can do is my best, which is what I’m trying to do. I can’t control anything I’ve done in the past. I can only control what I do going forward and what I plan to do is give this my best.”

O’Rourke also apologized for joking about “sometimes” helping his wife raise their three children.

Reuters

Reuters...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't panic!