Click For Photo: https://cf3e497594.site.internapcdn.net/tmpl/v5/img/phys_308px.png
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on Sunday said she would be looking for answers from Facebook and other social media firms about how an attack that killed 50 mosque-goers was livestreamed on their platforms.
Saying there were "further questions to be answered" by the tech giants, Ardern said Facebook chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg had been in contact and "acknowledged what has occurred here in New Zealand".
Video - Shot - Gunmen - Mosque - Massacre
A horrific video shot by the gunmen who carried out the mosque massacre was livestreamed on Facebook before being removed by the company.
But the stream, lasting 17 minutes, was shared repeatedly on YouTube and Twitter, and internet platforms were scrambling to remove videos being reposted of the gruesome scenes.
Seek - Footage - Aftermath - Attack - Ardern
"We did as much as we could to remove, or seek to have removed, some of the footage that was being circulated in the aftermath of this terrorist attack," Ardern said.
"But ultimately it has been up to those platforms to facilitate their removal."
Wake Up To Breaking News!