‘Finding Steve McQueen’ Star William Fichtner Shares Stories of Christopher Nolan, Ridley Scott, and More

/Film | 3/15/2019 | Jack Giroux
Caris (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/William-Fichtner-interview.jpg

A serious, timely question: Who on Earth doesn’t have love for William Fichtner? The actor brings it every time, no matter the size of the role – which, as he recently told us, is not something he cares about. Whether he’s one of the stars or only on screen for a scene or two, he always leaves an impression. Now, he’s one of the leads of Mark Steven Johnson‘s playful heist movie Finding Steve McQueen, a true story about an eclectic gang of criminals stealing Richard Nixon’s illegal campaign contributions.

Throughout his career, in addition to showing a wide range in a wide variety of films and TV shows, he’s starred in movies that are already proving to stand the test of time. The Dark Knight, Go, Black Hawk Down, and the works of Michael Bay: those movies aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. Recently, we spoke with Fichtner about his experiences on those films and his collaborations with Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Sir Ridley Scott, and others.

Trip - Memory - Lane - One - William

Below, take a trip down memory lane with the one and only William Fichtner.

Armageddon

Actors - Michael - Bay - Man - Experience

Based on what most actors who’ve worked with Michael Bay have to say about the man, there’s no experience like the Michael Bay experience. The speed, the yelling, the scale: it’s total Bayhem. Fichtner has been pulled into Bay’s orbit a few times, including Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, and the Bay-produced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and he has a blast taking direction from the notably vocal filmmaker:

[Laughs] Oh, Michael… Oh, Michael. I have to tell you, and I mean this, I’m not a trash talking guy, so you’re never going to get that, but I wanna say this – and I really mean this – I love being around Michael. Yeah, he’s a little nuts, he can be a screamer, but Michael...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!