The Second Coming of Beto O’Rourke

Washington Free Beacon | 3/14/2019 | Alex Griswold
marked (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/beto_jesus.jpg

We all witnessed the death of Beto O'Rourke's political career. "I will not be a candidate for president in 2020," the Democrat said rather definitively after losing the Texas Senate race in November, and to most that was the end of it. But truly, he has risen again, so sayeth the Gospel of Vanity Fair.

In what can only go down as the most worshipful, reverential Beto profile of the twelve thousand or so we've seen so far, reporter Joe Hagan writes that the former congressman "can appear almost too innocent to be a politician—too decent, too wholesome, the very reason he became popular also the same reason he could be crucified on the national stage." Wow, an innocent, decent guy who was crucified by people who didn't deserve him! Quite subtle.

Candidates - Hagan - Beto - Child - Destiny

The other candidates might as well drop out now, because Hagan also lets us know that Beto is a child of destiny. "I’m Just Born to Do This," the headline reads. "I’m just born to be in it," Beto likewise says in the body. When noting that Beto owns presidential biographies, Hagan himself comments that "there’s some political poetry to it, a sense that O’Rourke might be destined for this shelf. He has an aura." His potential announcement is a "possibly world-historical political event."

Not only does Beto have an "aura" but "near-mystical" powers! His first miracle comes not at a wedding, but at a campaign rally, a moment where Hagan recounts that Beto and his wife "first witnessed the power of [his] gift."

Vanity - Fair - Something - **** - Every

"I honestly don’t know how much of it was me," he tells Vanity Fair. "But there is something abnormal, super-normal, or I don’t know what the **** to call it. Every word was pulled out of me. Like, by some greater force, which was just the people there....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: