World Cup stars Ali Krieger and Ashlyn Harris announce their engagement

Mail Online | 3/14/2019 | Danielle Zoellner For Dailymail.com
superdudea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/14/14/10985352-0-image-a-19_1552574671955.jpg

World Cup champions and National Women's Soccer League stars Ali Krieger and Ashlyn Harris have announced their engagement after almost nine years of dating.

The romance between Ali, 34, and Ashlyn, 33, started after they first met in 2010 while playing alongside each other for the U.S. Women's National Team, however they revealed that they chose to keep their relationship as private as possible so as to retain their professionalism.

Friends - Ashlyn - People - Engagement

'We became really close friends, and we just hung out, we clicked, and we had so much in common,' Ashlyn told People, while speaking about their engagement.

She continued: 'The rest has kind of been history. Here we are nine years later, and we're going to be getting married this year.'

Weekend - Getaway - Clearwater - Beach - Florida

While on a weekend getaway together at Clearwater Beach in Florida, Ashlyn surprised Ali by proposing with a ring after the couple took a selfie together during the sunset.

'It was a really good time because I felt really on the same page with her, and really excited about our future and talking about our future plans with kids, and family, and things like that,' Ali said about her relationship with Ashlyn.

Proposal - Couple - Picnic - Rocks - Beach

The proposal came just after the couple had finished a picnic on the rocks of the beach.

'It just was a really good time,' Ali told the publication. 'I was really surprised because...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!