Tlaib Bucks Pelosi, Publishes Op-ed Saying ‘Now Is the Time for Impeachment’

Washington Free Beacon | 3/14/2019 | David Rutz
maddyb7 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/GettyImages-1127852472.jpg

BY: David Rutz

Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D., Mich.) published an op-ed Wednesday saying "now is the time" to impeach President Donald Trump, the same week Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) balked at such an effort.

Time - Impeachment - Tlaib - Times - People

"Now is the time for impeachment," Tlaib wrote for In These Times. "People in D.C. ask: What would it mean for our 2020 strategy? But I ask what it means for the people I grew up with, the residents of my district, and what it means for all of us, as Americans, to have Donald Trump remain our president."

Tlaib said in January, after her party took back the House majority, Democrats were going to "impeach the motherf—er."

Tlaib - List - Offenses - Actions - Impeachment—impeachment

Tlaib laid out a list of perceived offenses and "racist actions" that merited impeachment—impeachment is not the same as removing the president—and took aim at politicians who were making "political calculations" rather than doing what she felt was right. Some observers feel Pelosi is providing cover for more moderate members of her caucus, who may represent districts where impeachment is unpopular.

"It is irresponsible for members of Congress to ignore these transgressions because of their political calculations or worries about 2020," Tlaib wrote.

Corruption - Democracy - Anxiety - People - People

"This corruption in our democracy creates anxiety. That’s why people like me got elected. People...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!