FOLLOW SUNDAYU

SundayU Magazine | 3/11/2019 | Carl Barnhill
yana.booyana.boo (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.sundaymag.tv/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/nik-macmillan-280300-unsplash.jpg

Do you ever have a volunteer that is not a great fit for your team or the position they are in on your team?

Do you worry about dealing with the situation because they are a volunteer?

I’ve been there.

You want to be gracious, but they feel entitled to their position or they have had a certain role or the same responsibilities for the last 50 years.

Situation - People - Volunteer - Team - Apple

Or you may be in a situation where you don’t have enough people to remove any one on your volunteer team. You have a bad apple but are dependent on them or your services will not happen.

I’ve been there too.

Ideas - Volunteer - Things - Mind

Let me offer you several ideas for how to “fire” a volunteer. Before I do, let me mention a few things to keep in mind:

You’re their pastor first. It’s your job to help them find a place where they feel fulfilled. Be incredibly gracious and loving when you’re dealing with anyone on your team. Put on love!

God - Position - Good - Culture - Team

God has put you in the position you’re in. You must be willing to step into the uncomfortable for the good of the culture of your team. Don’t be afraid to shake things up, try new strategies or do something different. God, and the church that’s paying you is holding you responsible for how you lead your team.

If you need to “fire” a volunteer, here’s how I’ve done it in the past and I pray these suggestions may help you if you’re in this very delicate situation. Sometimes you may try these in order or pick one that best meets your need:

Way - Volunteer - Place - Service - Fit

I found the best way to fire a volunteer, is not to flippantly get rid of them, but to strategically help them find a place of service that’s both a good fit for them and a good fit for your...
(Excerpt) Read more at: SundayU Magazine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Government, where everything works great, until something has to work.
Tagged: