Bp. Schneider obtains an answer from Francis

wdtprs.com | 3/8/2019 | View all posts by Fr. John Zuhlsdorf →
marisha (Posted by) Level 3

When Francis signed that troubling document with the Imam in the UAE, a lot of people were confused and upset by an affirmation that seemed to say that God willed a diversity of religions. Sensing that there was going to be a kerfuffle – giving the statement the benefit of the doubt – I explained that statement with the only way that it could be understood in a Catholic sense without it being heretical.

All sort of people came down on me for suggesting that we had to apply the distinction of God’s active will and God’s permissive will. Since a diversity of religions is evil, God cannot have actively willed it. However, God permits things to happen that are evil so that greater good can emerge. He has an active will and a permissive will.

LifeSite - Diane - Montagna - Sort - Threw

Now comes this from LifeSite and Diane Montagna (who sort of threw me under the bus in that debate by engaging an “anonymous Dominican” etc. etc.).

The bishops of Kazakhstan were in Rome for their ad limina visit. The great Bp. Athanasius Schneider – bless him – scored some answers from Francis!

March - Meeting - Bishop - Athanasius - Schneider

At the March 1 meeting, Bishop Athanasius Schneider, auxiliary of Astana, Kazakhstan, also obtained from Pope Francis a clarification that God only permits but does not positively will a “diversity of religions.”

In an exclusive interview with LifeSite, Bishop Schneider said the concerns raised during the two hour meeting with the Holy Father included “Communion for divorced and civilly ‘remarried’ Catholics, the issue of Communion for Protestant spouses in mixed marriages, and the issue of the practical spread of homosexuality...
(Excerpt) Read more at: wdtprs.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
One of the countries we liberated was Russia, too bad it seems to have cost us our liberty.