Bishop to attend Lambeth Conference without wife in protest at bar on gay clergy partners

Premier | 3/2/2019 | Staff
red815 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.premier.org.uk/var/ezdemo_site/storage/images/media/images/premier-news-images/christian/bishop-paul-bayes-main/6353830-2-eng-GB/Bishop-Paul-Bayes-main_reference.jpg

Rt Rev Paul Bayes described the decision to prevent same-sex partners of clergy from attending the 2020 Lambeth Conference as an "act of exclusion".

In a message posted on Twitter, he said: "I deeply regret that, in the fractious complexities of our life as a worldwide people, this act of exclusion has taken its place.

Grief - Wife - Others - Conference - Hope

"It is a grief to me and to my wife, and to many others. Despite this, I aim to attend the Conference, alone, in the hope of a common future."

The Anglican Communion - which includes national churches from 165 countries - was forced to clarify its stance on the matter last week, following "misunderstanding".

General - Secretary - Dr - Josiah - Idowu-Fearon

General Secretary Dr Josiah Idowu-Fearon said: "The invitation process has...needed to take account of the Anglican Communion's position on marriage...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Premier
Wake Up To Breaking News!