Dr. Phil Rejects Social Justice: ‘You Cannot Legislate That Everything Is Going to Be Equal’

Breitbart | 3/1/2019 | Staff
applecan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/03/dr-phil-screenshot-benefit-doubt.png

Phil McGraw, best known as Dr. Phil, rejected the “social justice” ethos of state-mandated egalitarianism in an interview with Joe Rogan on Tuesday.

Dr. Phil characterized inequalities between persons as a feature of the human condition (comments begin at 1:26:32):

JOE - ROGAN - Movement - Country - Justice

JOE ROGAN: There’s a movement going on in this country, right now, the social justice movement, and it leans in that direction [of preventing kids from facing and overcoming adversity], that people don’t want to look at things for how they are. They want to look at things for how they want them to be.

DR. PHIL: I just don’t understand. You cannot legislate that everything is going to be equal for everybody, because everybody’s not equal. I’m sorry, they’re no equal. They may be equal in terms of their value as a human being, but they’re not equal in math skills, they’re not equal in how fast they run, they’re not equal in creativity. Everybody has their own value, but that doesn’t mean their marketable skills in an open society — in an open market — are going to be the same.

JOE - ROGAN

JOE ROGAN: No, it’s ridiculous.

Both Rogan and Dr. Phil noted the centrality of adversity and failure as opportunities for personal development, warning of stultified maturation among children and youth who are denied such experiences (comments begin at 1;17:15):

DR - PHIL - Overindulgence - Forms - Child

DR. PHIL: Overindulgence is one of the most insidious forms of child abuse in parenting. It’s not the worst, it’s just insidious, because if you overindulge your children and do everything for them, you never let them observe themselves master their environment. You never let them step back and say, ‘Wow, I did that. I built this. I overcome this. I handled this,’ and so that’s the same way we make our own self-image and level of self-worth. We watch ourselves overcome the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!