Florida Bar will investigate Republican congressman's charge that Michael Cohen cheated on his wife

Mail Online | 2/27/2019 | Francesca Chambers, Senior White House Correspondent For Dailymail.com
darktm22darktm22 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/27/14/10360680-0-image-a-4_1551277599323.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/01/23/7805302728205251636/1024x576_MP4_7805302728205251636.mp4

The Florida Bar will investigate GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz's claim that ex-Trump fixer Michael Cohen cheated on his wife with multiple women.

Gaetz is a licensed attorney in his home state. Other attorneys and fellow lawmakers say the claim, made on the eve of Cohen's public testimony to Congress, violated professional ethics.

Democrat - Wednesday - Gaetz - Conduct - House

One Democrat said Wednesday that Gaetz's conduct should be reviewed by the House Ethics Committee and recommended a full-blown criminal investigation.

A spokesperson for the Ethics panel wasn't immediately available to comment, however The Florida Bar confirmed in a statement DailyMail.com that it would be conducting a review.

Florida - Bar - Comments - Tweet - Yesterday

'The Florida Bar is aware of the comments made in a tweet yesterday by Rep. Matt Gaetz, who is a Florida Bar member, and I can confirm we have opened an investigation,' a spokesperson said.

Gaetz apologized late Tuesday for making a charged allegation against Cohen that he cheated on wife. He deleted a tweet in which he made the original reference.

Florida - Bar - Colleagues - Del - Stacey

It wasn't good enough for The Florida Bar and at least one of his colleagues, Del. Stacey Plaskett of the Virgin Islands.

Plaskett suggested in questioning during a House Oversight Committee hearing, at which Cohen was the start witness, that Congress do more to punish her colleague than a slap on the wrist.

Comments - Tweets - Members - Body - Prosecutor

'I want to apologize for the inappropriate comments and tweets that have been made by other members of this body and as a former prosecutor and as former counsel on House Ethics,' she said.

She said, 'I think that at the very least there should be a referral to the Ethics committee of witness intimidation or tapering, under U.S.C. 15-12 of my colleague Matt Gaetz, and it may be possibly him being referred for a criminal prosecution. So, I want to put that on the record.'

Gaetz

Gaetz claimed in the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It's a fight to the death, which you will eventually lose...