Menendez Blasts Sanders: I’m Surprised He Could Not at Least Call Maduro a Dictator

Washington Free Beacon | 2/26/2019 | Andrew Kugle
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Screen-Shot-2019-02-26-at-9.05.24-AM-e1551189939163.png

BY: Andrew Kugle

Sen. Bob Menendez (D., N.J.) said on Tuesday that Venezuelan leader Nicolas Maduro was a dictator and was surprised his colleague Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.) refused to declare the same.

Senator - Sanders - Dictator - Menendez

"I'm really surprised that Senator Sanders could not at least call him a dictator," Menendez said.

During his CNN town hall on Monday night, Sanders again refused to call Maduro a dictator and insisted there are still "democratic operations" in Venezuela.

Election - Operations - Place - Country - Point

"Well, I think it's fair to say that the last election was undemocratic, but there are still democratic operations taking place in that country. The point is, what I'm calling for right now is internationally supervised, free elections," Sanders said.

CNN host John Berman asked Menendez if he believed Maduro was a dictator.

Dictator - Combination - Dictatorship - Traffic - State

"He's a corrupt dictator. He has a combination of an absolute dictatorship and a narco traffic state," Menendez said. "There is no question he's corrupt."

"Is it a mistake then...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis