Click For Photo: https://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Luc-Besson.jpg
A French prosecutor on Monday dismissed a rape accusation lodged against director Luc Besson due to a lack of evidence.
Besson was accused in May of last year of drugging and raping a young actress in a Paris hotel. The actress, later identified as Sand Van Roy, had worked on two projects with Besson, including 2017’s “Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.”
Van - Roy - Tea - French - Broadcast
Van Roy accused him of drugging her tea and then sexually abusing her while she was unconscious. According to French broadcast station Europe 1 at the time, Van Roy said she awoke with memories of touching and penetration, adding that Besson left the hotel room before she did, and he left behind a wad of cash.
Besson denied the accusation.
Statement - Sent - TheWrap - Besson - Lawyers
In a statement sent to TheWrap and translated to English from French, Besson’s lawyers said the decision to dismiss the accusation came after a nine-month investigation in which he fully cooperated.
“Luc Besson is satisfied to learn of the decision by the State Prosecutor to dismiss the accusation brought by Mlle Sand Van Roy which he always formally denied,” the statement read. “The decision comes...
Wake Up To Breaking News!