Community Bible Church pastor ‘pissed’ after worker confesses ‘inappropriate’ behavior with multiple children

www.christianpost.com | 2/25/2019 | Staff
Goobee (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://static-thechristianpost.netdna-ssl.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/00/230066.png

Lead Pastor Ed Newton of Community Bible Church, which draws some 27,000 worshipers each week in San Antonio, Texas, said Sunday that he was “pissed” after learning that a youth ministry worker who has already been fired and reported to authorities, confessed to “inappropriate” behavior with multiple minor children.

In his third weekend message to the church on Sunday, Newton explained that the news of the former employee’s behavior is not something he wanted to share with the church but he believed he needed to be transparent to ensure that the victims would be heard.

News - Step - Notes - Newton - Church

“I was angry and disappointed and heartbroken when I received this news. I’m still angry, disappointed and heartbroken now, but to take it a step further, I’m going to go off my notes for just a second, I’m pissed. I’m absolutely pissed. And that would be an understatement,” Newton, who first began telling his church of the firing of the unidentified employee on Saturday.

In an abbreviated statement on the situation posted to the church’s website, Newton said the fired part-time employee, who was not named due to an ongoing police investigation, confessed to Executive Pastor Scott Kindig. Newton told the church that he was informed of the confession on Feb. 17.

Victims - Victim - Thoughts - Prayers - Tragedy

“We believe that this was limited to less than 10 victims, but clearly, even one victim is too many. Our thoughts and prayers are with all involved in this tragedy. We immediately notified law enforcement authorities, and the detectives limited what we can say at this time due to their ongoing investigation,” Newton said.

“However, what I can share is that the acts involving all but one of the reported victims involved inappropriate electronic communication on electronic devices through social media platforms. One victim who was identified in the employee’s confession involved more than electronic communication. But whether...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!