Sanders Refuses to Call For Maduro to Step Down, Won’t Say Explicitly If He Is a Dictator

Washington Free Beacon | 2/21/2019 | Jeffrey Cimmino
Traight (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/sanders-2.21.19-e1550767181279.png

BY: Jeffrey Cimmino

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.) refused during an interview this week to call on Venezuelan dictator Nicolas Maduro to step down and would not explicitly say whether he considered Maduro a dictator.

Univision - Jorge - Ramos - Vermont - Senator

Univision's Jorge Ramos asked the Vermont senator and Democratic presidential candidate on Tuesday whether he considers National Assembly president Juan Guaido the legitimate president of Venezuela.

"No. I think what has to happen right now — I think there are serious questions about the recent election. There are many people who feel it was a fraudulent election, and I think the United States has got to work with the international community to make sure that there is a free and fair election in Venezuela," Sanders responded.

Ramos - Sanders - Thinks - Maduro - Dictator

Ramos followed by asking whether Sanders thinks Maduro is a dictator and if he should step down.

"I think clearly he has been very, very abusive. That is a decision of the Venezuelan people, so I think, Jorge, there's got to be a free and fair election," Sanders said.

Venezuela - Crisis - Elections - Place - Year

Venezuela's constitutional crisis stems from disputed elections that took place last year. Maduro was sworn in for a second term, but Guaido declared himself the rightful leader since the country's constitution permits him to assume temporary power when the president is deemed illegitimate.

The United States,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.