Experiencing Joy through Freedom

Pastors.com | 2/21/2019 | Website
cindy95240 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://pastors.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Not-used-yet-.jpg

Hi, my name is Laura. I am a grateful believer in Jesus Christ, and for many years my struggle was with insecurity and low self-worth.

I was raised in a family where I felt as though I could never please anyone. My father was orphaned at 4 and raised in a Catholic orphanage during the Depression. My mother was an adult child of an alcoholic who had never dealt with any of her issues. This caused me to have a desperate need for approval and acceptance, setting up a pattern of bad behavior over the years. When I was 8 years old, I blindly went with a stranger in search of the acceptance and approval I so desperately wanted. Sadly, he stole my innocence from me.

Years - Fault - Pattern - Self-worth - Insecurity

For years I believed that what happened to me was my fault. I began a pattern of self-hatred, low self-worth, and insecurity.

I could not see the treasure God had created me to be. All I could see were shame and guilt. I was no longer pure and innocent. I felt tainted, ruined, and worthless.

God - Something - Years - Christ - Thinking

I was angry with God and believed he could not love me since he allowed something like this to happen to me. It was not until many years later that Christ set me free from this destructive thinking.

As I sought a relationship with God, he began to speak truth into my life, truth that began to loosen my chains and set me free. This truth came from his Word through counseling and attending Celebrate Recovery® meetings. I quickly realized that Celebrate Recovery was a safe place where I could be open and honest with others and myself. Shortly after I began attending Celebrate Recovery, I joined the study called “The Journey Begins.”...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Pastors.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: