Jussie Smollett charged with felony over alleged false report of hate crime

www.christianpost.com | 2/21/2019 | Staff
Micaella (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://static-thechristianpost.netdna-ssl.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/00/230025.png

Jussie Smollett, the television actor who claimed to have been the victim of a racist homophobic assault, has been arrested and charged with a felony over allegedly giving a false report.

Last month, Smollett claimed that two men assaulted him, shouting racist and homophobic slurs at one of the stars of the hit Fox TV show “Empire.”

Anthony - Guglielmi - Spokesman - Chicago - Police

However, Anthony Guglielmi, spokesman for the Chicago Police Department, released a statement on Thursday morning explaining that Smollett was being arrested and charged with making a false report.

“Felony criminal charges have been approved by @CookCountySAO against Jussie Smollett for Disorderly Conduct / Filing a False Police Report. Detectives will make contact with his legal team to negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest,” tweeted Guglielmi.

Smollett - Arrest - Custody - Police - Detectives

He later confirmed that Smollett was under arrest and in the custody of police detectives, with more details pending.

In late January, Smollett claimed that a pair of assailants had attacked him, pouring a "chemical substance" of some kind on him while putting a noose around his neck.

Reports - Attackers - Slurs - Gay - Actor

Early reports said that the alleged attackers had shouted homophobic and racist slurs at the openly gay, African-American actor, with some claiming that the two assailants were white and also shouting “this is MAGA country.”

In one interview, Smollett suggested that the attack might have come because of his criticism of the Trump administration.

Hollywood - Reporter - Administration - Tongue

"I can just assume," he said, according to the Hollywood Reporter. "I come really, really hard against 45. I come really hard against his administration, and I don't hold my tongue."

Ask Dr. Swindoll: “How do You Handle Change”

Times - Year - Dr - Swindoll - Preaches

Several times a year, Dr. Swindoll preaches in chapel at DTS and engages in a question-and-answer time with prospective students. Here are some of the questions he answered recently...

Evangelical Christian leaders, among them National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference President...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!