That Poor Cafeteria Lady

Blog & Mablog | 2/21/2019 | Douglas Wilson
doona07 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://dougwils.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Food-Fight.png

I step away from my computer for a minute, and what happens?

So a gent named Hohn Cho at Pyromaniacs has taken me to task for missing the point on sexual abuse. You can read all of what he has to say here. I will be responding to just some of what he had to say.

Author - Doug - Wilson - Stranger - Controversy

“The author, Doug Wilson, is certainly no stranger to either controversy or verbal pugilism (ha!), and yet despite that fact I cannot recall even a single time over the past decade-plus that he’s ever actually issued a material apology or owned up to a significant mistake in thinking, so perhaps the blind spot lies somewhere therein.”

Since the subject of blind spots has been raised, I would encourage anyone interested to go here and check out the entries under point #7. In addition to that, there is a category on my blog called Retractions. Just type Retractions into the search bar on the home page, and take a gander at some of my variegated follies and ****-ups of yore.

Point - Example - Mr - Cho - Arguments

That first point, and this following one, are not an example of Mr. Cho answering my arguments, but rather an example of someone peeing in the pool right before I have to jump into it. And I do have to remark on the fact that I am insufficiently appreciative. But here goes.

“Perhaps more likely, however, is the reality that Wilson’s perspective on sexual abuse is so astonishingly wrong-headed that it has led to tragic results in at least two cases which have been documented thoroughly in the public record. If the records are a bit too dry for you, Rod Dreher went into the Sitler case in some detail a few years ago. Given Scripture’s clear admonition to us in Matthew 7:3-5, one might think that perhaps Wilson is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Blog & Mablog
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: