Anonymous Academy member reveals the thinking behind how an Oscars ballot is really filled in

Mail Online | 2/21/2019 | Stephanie Haney For Dailymail.com
AavyAavy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/21/05/10081798-0-image-a-66_1550728260886.jpg

An anonymous director who is a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has revealed his candid thinking behind the way he filled out his 2019 Oscars ballot.

The outspoken, unidentified man who shared his reasoning with The Hollywood Reporter is part of a club of only 7,902 voting members, further sub-divided into professional categories.

Fellow - Belongs - Director - Branch - People

This particular fellow belongs to the director's branch, which is comprised of only 519 people out of the 7,902 total.

Behind the safe veil of namelessness, he let this year's top contenders across the many categories have it, calling 'Roma' what amount to 'an expensive home movie' and saying 'it's about f**king time for Spike Lee,' while revealing BlacKkKlansman had his vote for Best Picture, but that he won't be tuning in on Sunday.

Oscars - Year - Man - Academy - Awards

'I'm not going to watch the Oscars this year,' the man said of the 91st Academy Awards.

'I'm just anticipating a very boring show. One of the best things about the show is the opening monologue, which is usually pretty good — it's what happens after that that's not great.'

Choices - Best - Picture - Man - Words

In ranking his choices for Best picture, the man shared how strategically he went about it, without sparing any unkind words for his predicted losers, including accused rapist Bryan Singer.

'"Bohemian Rhapsody" and "A Star Is Born" are films whose adulation I can't even begin to fathom — I found them to be ordinary,' he said.

Rhapsody - Biopic - Minutes - Film - Anything

'"Bohemian Rhapsody" is a standard-issue biopic with a really nice last 10 minutes; had it been a great film, I probably still wouldn't have voted for it, because I don't want to do anything to reward Bryan Singer, who is a pariah now and needs to stay that way.'

Singer is accused of raping a Seattle man named Cesar Sanchez-Guzman in 2003, when Sanchez-Guzman was 17 years old, according to a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
What's more plentiful, hydrogen or stupidity?