‘THANKS FOR NOTHING!’: TIMES SQUARE BILLBOARD BLASTS OCASIO-CORTEZ OVER AMAZON DEAL

The Daily Caller | 2/20/2019 | Staff
smnth28 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Screen-Shot-2019-02-20-at-11.54.38-AM-e1550685371276.png

“Thanks for nothing, AOC!”

A giant digital billboard in Times Square is calling out freshman Democratic New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for her supposed role in sinking the city’s deal with Amazon. The billboard, paid for by business advocacy group the Job Creators Network, details just a few of the things New York may have lost when the deal went sideways.

List

That list included:

Forbes addressed the ways the failed deal could ultimately hurt New Yorkers in an article published late last week.

Article - Order - Effects - Deal - Failure

According to that article, even the “first order” effects of the deal’s failure could prove devastating to New York.

From a purely economic point of view, Amazon was expected to generate $27.5 billion in tax revenue over a 25-year period, 9x the $3 billion government incentives offered. Anyone arguing that $3 billion was an overly excessive offer accidentally chased out $24.5 billion from the city. And that is just the first-order effect.

Ocasio-Cortez - Opposition - Move

Ocasio-Cortez has long insisted that the opposition to the move was entirely community-based.

Yeah I’m laughing @ this.

Amazon - District

Amazon was not coming to my Congressional district, had no concentrated...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do I know who I am?