NCIS' Sean Murray Weighs in on McGee's Surprising Past in '90s Flashback Episode

TVGuide.com | 2/19/2019 | Keisha Hatchett
Click For Photo: https://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2019/02/19/9e20fc2f-918c-431c-b346-8739fee3bfda/thumbnail/1300x867/dbbd7e752930b4960c3e8003f2a82790/190218-ncisseanmurray-news.jpg

Did you know that NCIS's Tim McGee (Sean Murray) loved to tap dance as a teen?

Tuesday's delightful episode exposed a new side of the computer wizard while serving up a fun-filled hour of murder, mystery and earnest '90s nostalgia. It all went down when the squad encountered a fresh corpse with a password to one of McGee's old accounts. The baffling case forced McGee to visit his former high school to figure out why someone desperately wanted access to his old computer.

Youth - McGee - Code - Department - Defense

It turns out that in his youth, an angst-filled McGee wrote a complex code that targeted the Department of Defense and sent spare change to a secret account. Unbeknownst to him, the hack he never intended to release actually worked, and the account had accumulated millions of dollars over the course of several decades. Discovery of that unclaimed cash led to a string of dead bodies, kicking off a thrilling pursuit of the truth.

Discover your new favorite show: Watch This Now!

Flashbacks - Episode - McGee - Background - Love

Through flashbacks, the episode also delved into McGee's background, revealing a surprising love of tap dance and uncovering more layers in his complicated relationship with his father. It's a delightful episode with plenty of heart, and according to Sean Murray, it allowed McGee to tap into his more fun side. We hit up the NCIS star to dish on the McGee-centric episode as well as whether or not Murray would be down for a Hocus Pocus reboot.

What was your initial reaction when you read the script and realized you'd be digging into McGee's past this way?

Murray - Characters - Past - McGee - School

Sean Murray: I was really excited about it. I like whenever we dive deep into any of our characters' past or learn more about them. Knowing that we were going to see a young McGee in high school, that was really interesting to me.

What...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
No matter where you go, there you are.