Letters Today About Yesterday’s Post

Blog & Mablog | 2/19/2019 | Douglas Wilson
adele2234 (Posted by) Level 3

Regarding your snotty article that strangely still seems all too ready to shame people for rightly being horrified and indignant about the sexual sin and predation in the church . . . Steven Sitler. Maybe sackcloth and ashes would suit you better.

Paula, the point being made there was not to shame people for being horrified by horrible things. The point was to shame people who refuse to believe that I am horrified by them. The mark that fanaticism has set in is when people refuse to let you agree with them. As for Steven Sitler, I would suggest mildly that there are people out on the Internet who are, to use an outdated phrase from the theology of another era, liars.

Thank - Neutralized - Thank - Truth - Generation

Thank you for being courageous enough to write Effectively Neutralized. Thank you for being brave enough to speak truth. I am a second generation member of a SGM church and one of our core beliefs and values is we believe Gods Word to be infallible and applicable to every area of life—as any Christian should. Since allegations were made against CJ years ago, I have been aghast at how quickly men who I used to love and respect will turn on their fellow pastor or friend because they have been accused. I hate and abhor any instance of child abuse. Period. But that didn’t cancel out holding fast to God’s Word and due process. Innocent until proven guilty. What has happened to CJ and his family and other friends of ours who have been accused of these heinous crimes is despicable. If CJ was proven guilty in a court of law I would condemn his sin. But not only has he not been proven guilty, he denies it, his character speaks against it, and due process has been carried out....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Blog & Mablog
Wake Up To Breaking News!