Woman With Autism Admitted To Florida Bar, Becomes First ‘Openly-Autistic’ Lawyer

Rare | 2/18/2019 | Silke Jasso
JimmyJoe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://coxrare.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/rare-5-2.jpg?w=1200&h=627&crop=1

At the age of 3, Haley Moss was diagnosed with autism, in which doctors feared she would never be able to work a minimum wage job, let alone live on her own. Last month, she proved those doctors wrong by becoming the first openly autistic person to be admitted to the Florida Bar!

Not only did Moss graduate from the University of Miami School of Law and passed the Florida Bar, but she has also published several books, lives independently and works at a top law firm in Miami. After a few weeks into her legal career, she has seen how some of her struggles and strengths affect her work on a daily basis.

Parkland - Native - Life - Part - Law

The Parkland native says she is very passionate for life and enjoys to write, which is part of why she decided to go to law school. She explained how she loves to help others by expressing herself completely, at the same time having the ability to help. Moss stated, “I’m very passionate about things I enjoy and I love to write. That’s also part of why I went to law school, and I love to be able to help others, so even with writing, I love that I’m able to express myself completely and what I can say has the ability to help someone else.”

Moss’ swearing-in ceremony was in Miami on January 11, administered by Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Lisa Walsh. But before her...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rare
Wake Up To Breaking News!