Woman Is First Openly Autistic Person to Become Licensed Attorney in Florida

Breitbart | 2/18/2019 | Staff
TwiztedGurl (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/02/haley-moss-lawyer-autistic.png

A Florida woman diagnosed with autism at the age of three has become the first openly autistic person to pass the Florida Bar and become a licensed attorney in the state.

Haley Moss, a native of Parkland who graduated from the University of Miami School of Law in 2018, was sworn into the Florida Bar by Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Lisa Walsh on January 11 in Miami, the Associated Press (AP) reported Saturday.

Moss - High-functioning - Autism - AP - Doctors

Moss, who has high-functioning autism, told the AP that doctors told her family members she would never be able to work a minimum wage job or live without assistance. Two decades later, Moss lives on her own and works at a Miami area law firm.

“I’m very passionate about things I enjoy and I love to write,” Moss said. “That’s also part of why I went to law school, and I love to be able to help others, so even with writing, I love that I’m able to express myself completely and what I can say has the ability to help someone else.”

Moss - Position - Firm - Zumpano - Patricios

Moss said she was offered a position at her firm, Zumpano Patricios, in Coral Gables before she passed the Florida Bar exam.

Joseph Zumpano, the co-founder and managing shareholder of the firm, said the practice areas of the firm— including managed care legislation and anti-terrorism law— were “intrinsically related” to his decision...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
An enemy of death and destruction