A Q&A with Bishop Harry Jackson: How can America remain a shining city on a hill?

www.christianpost.com | 2/18/2019 | Staff
dewbydewby (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://static-thechristianpost.netdna-ssl.com/files/original/thumbnail/22/99/229971.jpg

A Q&A with Bishop Harry Jackson: How can America remain a shining city on a hill?

I recently sat down with Bishop Harry Jackson, senior pastor at Hope Christian Church, to talk about the current and future spiritual landscape of America. Bishop Jackson believes there is hope for a spiritual awakening, but that hope hinges on Christians’ responsibility to live out their faith in the midst of culture.

Time - Conversation - Snapshot - Bishop - Jackson

Take time to watch our full conversation. Here’s a quick snapshot of what Bishop Jackson had to say:

Though America does immense good for its citizens and the whole world, some Christians seem more focused on our nation than they do God’s Kingdom. What do you say to these Christians?

Jackson - Group - People - Sense

Jackson: They misunderstand that no national group of people can, in a sense, be deified.

For example, look at the history of the United Kingdom: they took a lot of the promises given to Israel in the Bible and transferred them directly to themselves. Yet, they had legal slavery for many, many years, they invaded cultures, they dominated lands, they fought crusades in the name of Christ, they turned against Israel when it became a nation, they sunk down into economic and financial insignificance because—in their hubris and pride—they began to violate the word of God.

America - Faith - God - America - Faith

Similarly, America without faith in God is not great and it will not stand. America with faith in God, I believe has a great destiny and we will continue to be that city set upon the hill that people strive to come to.

I’ve heard you talk about the verse that says the foundation of God’s throne is justice and righteousness. What implications does that verse have for America today?

Jackson - Psalm - Righteousness - Justice - Foundation

Jackson: Psalm 89:14 says “righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne.”

The way I describe righteousness is ultimately living in right standing with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The only change you ever get from the goverment is what's in your pocket, and worth less every day.