SOME THOUGHTS ON WHY MEGACHURCH PASTORS KEEP FALLING

CareyNieuwhof.com | 5/14/2018 | Staff
Firefang (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://careynieuwhof.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/shutterstock_343512905.jpg

So this isn’t an easy post to write, nor a glib one.

I’m not even sure what I’m about to write is accurate.

Week - Mega-church - Pastor - Leadership - Church

But once again last week, we heard of yet another mega-church pastor who isn’t in leadership anymore, this one fired by his church because of character issues.

I’m not naming names or linking to any post. If you’re plugged into church world, you probably know who I’m talking about, and if not, it’s not that hard to think of a bunch of others over the years.

Months - Years - Chances - Church - Pastor

Sadly, even if you read this months or years after this is published, chances are there will be yet another large church pastor who went down in flames.

The hardest part is there are just no winners. At least not in the short term. God is a God of redemption and he writes better stories than we do, but the pain of deliberate sin is something we’re best to avoid.

Victims - Affairs - Abuse - Fraud - Lives

If there are direct victims (affairs, abuse, fraud), and sadly, often there are, their lives are devastated and their faith too often shattered or snapped. The people who were part of any movement or congregation associated with said fallen leader are crushed. The families of leaders are devastated, sometimes beyond repair.

And in the midst of it all, the unchurched gain one more reason to run in the opposite direction.

Church - Leadership…

For those of us still in church leadership… think about that and let it sink in.

Bloggers and commentators who pile on to grab headlines or express outrage further destroy any hope left. I don’t want this to be that kind of a post.

Mega-church - Pastor - Church - Pastors - Congregation

And remember, for every mega-church pastor who has exited, there are probably 10 or maybe 100 smaller church pastors whose congregation and families are just as devastated. Only their stories never make the headlines.

Please hear me. I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CareyNieuwhof.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Satan's greatest desire is to convince the world he doesn't exist, and he has quite nearly succeeded.