Dear Gay Catholic Priests,

Sticking the Corners | 2/17/2019 | Staff
LordLord (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ec/Landscape_in_Peyriac-de-Mer%2C_february_2018_%2805%29.jpg/800px-Landscape_in_Peyriac-de-Mer%2C_february_2018_%2805%29.jpg

I’ve been reading about your plight in the New York Times. So let’s go ahead and clear something up right now: Most Catholics don’t give a rip who it is you’re not having sex with.

We know that abstinence is hard. Those of us practicing NFP probably don’t have a ton of sympathy for you, because at least you aren’t obliged to spend all night lying in bed next to the person you’re not having sex with, but when we can get over ourselves, sure, we get it. Boy do we get it: Abstinence is hard.

Vows - Celibacy - Thing - Surprise - While

Also, when you took your vows, the whole “celibacy” thing wasn’t exactly foisted on you by surprise. That’s kinda been around for a while.

Sooo . . . I’m sorry you had a difficult childhood. I’m sorry your seminary sucked, and your bishop sucks, and I’m especially sorry that priests who want to be faithful to their vows get shafted.

That’s not right.

But I have good news for you: There are other Catholics who want to be faithful to our vows — whether that be the vows of ordination, or marriage, or baptism, we’re all in this together. We’ve all made the commitment to do our best to order our actions to our state in life, and no you are not the only one who faces fierce temptations to act on urges that are not consistent with our human dignity.

Support - Vows

So if you want support in keeping your vows, we’re out here.

Very few of us are going to be clutching our pearls at much of anything, though probably if bestiality is your thing then maybe keep that to yourself and stay away from pet shelters, and just talk about “unwanted temptations” in a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Sticking the Corners
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Warum denn nicht?
Tagged: