Michigan Governor hits at trolls for criticizing her 'curvy' looks during State of State address

Mail Online | 1/1/2019 | Marlene Lenthang For Dailymail.com
Caris (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/17/03/9911982-0-image-a-62_1550373227726.jpg

Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer is hitting back at the critics who picked apart her body and appearance instead of focusing on her State of the State address.

The 47-year-old Democrat took to the podium for the speech on Tuesday night in Lansing and was inundated with inappropriate comments by social media trolls focusing on her 'curvy' figure.

News - Outlet - Fox - Detroit - Story

Then local news outlet Fox 2 Detroit published a story on people's reactions to the body-focused comments.

Whitmer lashed at the outlet for perpetuating the sexist discourse, writing 'That Fox 2 News story was way out of line'.

'Boys - Curves - Grade - Mom - Head

'Boys have teased me about my curves since 5th grade. My mom said "hold your head high and don’t let it bother you." That @Fox2News story was way out of line. I’m tough, I can take it,' she tweeted on Thursday evening.

She slammed the outlet for focusing on her appearance rather than her politics and encouraged other women who are forced to deal with similar harassment.

Message - Women - Girls - Mine - Garbage

'Until then, I’ve got a message for all of the women and girls like mine who have to deal with garbage like this every day: I’ve got your back,' she tweeted.

Fox's segment displayed screen shots of sexist and unflattering comments social media users made about Whitmer. Then reporters went out and asked people on the streets their opinions on her dress.

Report - Comments - Bra - Cans

The report shared troll comments like 'I'd hit it', 'Push up bra, clearly', and 'she's showing off her cans. Why not? You got...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!