Officer shot in ambush sues social media giants 'for radicalizing gunman Micah Xavier Johnson'

Mail Online | 9/11/2001 | Lauren Fruen For Dailymail.com
Claw987Claw987 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/16/06/9889094-0-image-a-75_1550299174803.jpg

A police officer shot in an ambush at a Dallas Black Lives Matter protest is suing social media giants including Facebook, Twitter and Google for radicalizing shooter Micah Xavier Johnson.

Jesus Retana, 34, was one of nine cops injured when the 25-year-old Army reservist opened fire in July 2016. Five others were killed in the deadliest attack on U.S. law enforcement since September 11, 2001.

Retana - Arm - Lawsuit - Husband - Andrew

Now Retana, who was shot in the arm, has filed a lawsuit, along with his husband Andrew Moss claiming Hamas was able to use the sites 'as a tool for spreading extremist propaganda' which reached Johnson.

Johnson had no confirmed links to Hamas but Retana's attorney Keith Altman told CBS: 'Hamas' ability to reach into the United States has been greatly enhanced, it's been greatly enhanced by using social media.'

Altman - 'Right - Nothing - Terrorists - Sites

Altman added: 'Right now, they are basically doing nothing. They absolutely know that the terrorists are using their sites. This is not the dark web.

'Mentally, he's just not the same person. He has nightmares, sweats. It has a tremendous impact on his life and his husband's. They suffer every single day from what happened.

Clients - Goal - Funerals

'If you ask my clients, their goal is no more funerals. No...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!