Click For Photo: https://www.americanthinker.com/images/bucket/2019-02/212046.jpg
It has been two and a half weeks since Jussie Smollett reported that he was the victim of a hate crime, and in that time, his story has fallen apart completely. Recent developments in the case have suggested that the Empire actor staged his own assault with the help of two others in a desperate attempt to stay relevant as his character was possibly being written off the show.
A CBS Chicago reporter broke the news Thursday evening that the home of the two "persons of interests" in the widely circulated community alert was raided by Chicago police. In that raid, they seized a list of items including multiple containers of bleach, a "red hat," an Empire script, a Mossberg rifle, and two computers. The home is occupied by the two men, and at least one is an extra on Jussie Smollett's show, Empire. The pair left for their home country of Nigeria immediately after the "attack."
TMZ - Men - Custody - O'Hare - Airport
TMZ reported that these men were taken into custody at O'Hare Airport Wednesday night when they re-entered the country and were immediately brought in for questioning by police, who had been monitoring their travels. An attorney for the two Nigerian men said charges against her clients are expected to be filed on Friday. According to the TMZ report, Jussie Smollett was picked up Thursday morning and has also been interrogated. While it is continuing to update its story, it should be noted that TMZ was the first to break Jussie's story and make the first claim that the alleged assault was committed by Trump-supporters. TMZ's reporters are now reframing the story to represent the hoax that it is.
Jussie Smollett. Credit: Dominick D via Flickr.
Sources - Chicago - Reporters - Police - Case
Sources close to Chicago reporters have said the police were able to crack the case after their request for Smollett's call log...
Wake Up To Breaking News!