Former Honduran lawmaker denies he helped orchestrate migrant caravan

Fox News | 1/14/2019 | Elizabeth Llorente
catcrazy24 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2018/10/Bartolo-fuentes-march.jpg

Police in Mexico step up efforts to contain migrants in temporary quarters in Piedras Negras; Casey Stegall reports from Eagle Pass, Texas.

The former Honduran lawmaker who frequently has been described as one of the key organizers behind the migrant caravans that have caused a crisis in U.S. immigration policy says he's been falsely accused.

Role - Organizer - Spirits - Bartolo - Fuentes

“What’s my role? Not an organizer. I guide, I advise, help them keep their spirits up,” Bartolo Fuentes told Fox News in an exclusive telephone interview on Thursday, speaking from his home in Honduras.

Fuentes, a longtime activist for immigrants, said he has lent his moral support to those planning to take part in the caravans, and accompanied them for parts of their journey. Guatemalan officials detained him on his last trip, he said, for not registering when he crossed the border.

Groups - People - Date - San - Pedro

“Groups of people had set a date to meet in San Pedro Sula in October and migrate in a caravan,” Fuentes said, speaking in Spanish. “I tell them how to stay safe, I tell them it’s a good idea to travel as a caravan, out in the open. It’s safer, otherwise you risk being the victim of a crime, you risk being mugged, even killed by thugs who take advantage of people who try to cross borders alone.”

Fuentes claimed that as far as he knew, there is no single person or organization behind the caravans, which have dominated headlines in the U.S., Mexico and Central America since last October.

Victim - Crime - Thugs - Advantage - People

“It’s safer, otherwise you risk being the victim of a crime, you risk being mugged, even killed by thugs who take advantage of people who try to cross borders alone.”

The ex-legislator debunked the charges after Fox News asked him about remarks by a Guatemalan government official speaking at the National Press Club on Tuesday who named Fuentes as being...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Fox News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It is time to put away the our toys and propaganda we've been taught as children and think for ourselves.