Manchin on Green New Deal: It’s a Nice ‘Dream,’ But I Have to ‘Work With the Realities’

Washington Free Beacon | 2/14/2019 | Cameron Cawthorne
tiffcourt011 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Manchin.png

BY: Cameron Cawthorne

Sen. Joe Manchin (D., W.Va.) on Wednesday night took a shot at freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio- Cortez's (D., N.Y.) Green New Deal resolution, saying "everybody has a right to dream."

Manchin - CNN - Cuomo - Prime - Time

Manchin appeared on CNN's "Cuomo Prime Time" to discuss multiple issues, including the 14-page joint resolution that was sponsored by Ocasio-Cortez and Sen. Ed Markey (D., Mass.).

Host Chris Cuomo asked Manchin why he isn't a fan of the Green New Deal, prompting him to call the resolution a "dream."

Chris - Green - New - Deal - Dream

"Chris, first of all the Green New Deal is a dream. It's not a deal. It's a dream and that's fine. People should have dreams, a perfect world what they would like to see," Manchin said. "I've got to work with the realities and I've got to work with practical, what I have in front of me."

Manchin went on to say his role is making sure the United States has affordable energy 24/7 and that the Democrats can't just be deniers and call for ban of coal, natural gas, or oil. He continued by pointing out the plan is talking about global climate, not the climate in North American or the United States and that they will have to find a way to persuade China...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!