The incredible moment 7-foot, NBA star Joel Embiid jumps into the Madison Square Garden crowd

Mail Online | 2/14/2019 | Will Griffee For Mailonline
HelloimMe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/14/13/9813332-0-image-a-26_1550149936639.jpg

Emmy award-winning actress Regina King was nearly crushed by 7foot, 250-pound Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid on Thursday night at New York's Madison Square Garden.

While watching the hometown Knicks from her court-side seat, King found herself in the path of the lunging Embiid, who was barreling into the crowd after a loose ball. At the last moment, the 24-year-old All-Star from Cameroon pulled up, and although he was at nearly full speed, managed to lift his feet above the ducking King.

Afterwards - Appreciation - Twitter - 'Yoooo - Thank

Afterwards, King shared her appreciation on Twitter: 'Yoooo. Thank you God and @JoelEmbiid for your athletic abilities. Crisis averted.'

MSG Networks statistician Dave Fried, on the other hand, wasn't quite as lucky. A familiar face around the Knicks for 25 years, Fried was struck in the chest by both of Embiid's massive size-17 feet after he cleared King's head.

Interview - MSG - Network - Embiid - Apology

In a post-game interview with MSG network, Embiid offered an apology to Fried, who said he was doing fine.

Embiid - Game - Point - Points - Fault

'First of all, I shouldn't have done that,' Embiid said. 'It's a regular-season game. I think at that point we were up by 15 points or so. So, that's my fault. Maybe next time, I do that I shouldn't try to land with my feet first. But, I'm so sorry.'

Fried explained that he had experienced similar collisions with former NBA players, like 6foot Robert Pack and 6foot9 Charles Oakley, but never anyone as large as Embiid.

Fried - 'It - Nothing - Regina - King

'As soon as he was coming, I said, "Oh, no." You knew it was going to happen,' Fried said. 'It was nothing I could do. You know it hurt for a second. He made sure to miss Regina King, which was pretty good on his part, but I'm OK.'

Embiid finished with 26 points and 14 boards in a 126-111 win over the Knicks, who have lost 18 consecutive games.

Hollywood

Hollywood...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!