‘Fleabag’: Phoebe Waller-Bridge Says There ‘Absolutely Should Not’ Be a Third Season

IndieWire | 2/13/2019 | Staff
normanorma (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/fleabag.jpg

A second season of Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s tragicomic series “Fleabag” almost didn’t happen. “I decided not to do a second season,” she said at the Television Critics Association press tour Wednesday. Waller-Bridge was happy to maintain her “artistic integrity” until inspiration struck for Season 2. But now it’s done. Really. “I decided there absolutely should not be a third [season],” she said.

When “Fleabag” returns, it’s been more than a year since viewers left the the titular single London woman, who had a falling-out with her sister and was forced to deal with the reality of a horrifying tragedy. As early teases for the season suggested, the show will be concerned with “Fleabag vs. God.” Waller-Bridge hadn’t planned on a faith-themed season, but while working on “Killing Eve,” which she adapted for BBC America, she kept a notebook of “Fleabag” ideas.

Jokes - Ideas - Religion - Thing - Atheist

“Most of the jokes and ideas I had were about religion. It was a subconscious thing,” she said. “It really resonated… that an atheist trying to find meaning in the world… and finding a connection with hope.”

Fleabag’s relationship with faith will be embodied in Andrew Scott, who joins this season as a cool priest who swears,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Homeschool or State Thought Police School, you choose.