Be Bold for Christ

(in)courage | 2/13/2019 | Staff
DebraS (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/02102019_Reyes_BoldForChrist-1200x858.jpg

Each of us have causes that make us come alive, things that move us and make us eager and burdened with a word to share. God has given us passions, people, and things that we want to fight for. When the Spirit convicts our hearts and the words are on our tongues, our bodies just want to move and act, help and protect, love and embrace for Christ and His kingdom.

Who’s with me?

Times - Way - Sunday - School - Places

I distinctly remember one of the first times I felt this way. It was in Sunday school of all places, and the subject matter was a controversial one. There I was sitting in a classroom with my closest friends, people I truly loved, and yet I didn’t quite agree with what was being said. My heart began to race, and I remember starting to sweat. Should I say something? Should I just stay silent? Would my words be helpful? Am I just trying to pick a fight?

I started to pray. The conversation dealt with issues of faith and ethnicity, and as the only minority in the room, I felt that a bit more nuance and sensitivity could be breathed into the ideas being circulated. So I asked God for boldness, for courage, and for love. I took one big breath and raised my hand.

Woman - Table - Hand - Eyes - Something

But almost as soon as I began to speak, a woman at my own table told me to be quiet. She waved her hand, rolled her eyes, and said something to the effect of “Don’t act like you know everything.” It was crushing, particularly because she was a friend, a woman who had regular meals in our home.

It’s a moment I will never forget. I had felt timid, yet emboldened; I was nervous, yet passionate. I love and respect my friends, but I also want...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: