Arizona Dems Trying To Drop “In God We Trust” License Plates

Hot Air | 2/12/2019 | Staff
melanie7 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/traffic.jpg

If you live in Arizona and register your vehicle there, you have the option of ordering a special vanity plate with the words “In God We Trust” on it. Or at least you have that option for now. Democratic state Sen. Juan Mendez has introduced a bill that would stop the sale of these particular vanity plates, claiming that a portion of the money raised in this fashion is going to “a hate group.”

When Arizonans buy a license plate displaying the words “In God We Trust,” they are told the money promotes the motto, First Amendment rights “and the heritage of this state and nation.”

Money - Alliance - Defending - Freedom - Group

What they may not know is the money supports Alliance Defending Freedom, a controversial group based in Scottsdale whose mission statement is “to keep the doors open for the Gospel by advocating for religious liberty, the sanctity of life, and marriage and family.”

Because of that affiliation, one Democratic lawmaker now is proposing to get rid of the “In God We Trust” specialty license plates.

ADF - Hate - Group - Southern - Poverty

ADF is designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center because of its anti-LGBT views and claims that a “homosexual agenda” will destroy society.

Frankly, I would sooner see the SPLC declared a hate group before the ADF, since the SPLC really, really hates anything conservatives are in favor of. That’s not to say that I agree with every single position the ADF takes. (I remain unconvinced that there’s a secret, gay shadow government out there trying to cripple the nation and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Hot Air
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: