Teen Declares, 'I May Be the **** Jesus!' on ‘One Day at a Time’ Netflix Reboot

NewsBusters | 2/12/2019 | Staff
Kaliela101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/odaat1.jpg

For reasons I don’t quite understand, Netflix has brought back its reboot of liberal Norman Lear's One Day at a Time for a third season. It began airing February 8 and the central theme of the teenage daughter’s **** sexuality is in your face from the very first episode. And, of course, there are a few random swipes at President Trump and conservatives, too, in the thirteen episodes.

In episode one, titled “The Funeral”, the Alvarez family attends the funeral of Abuela Lydia’s (Rita Moreno) sister, Tia Ophelia. During a family gathering, 17-year-old Elena (Isabella Gomez) decides that her **** cousin Pilar (Stephanie Beatriz) should come out to the family. She soon learns that the family already knows and even attended Pilar’s wedding ceremony. They just don’t talk about it. In other words, they accept her but don’t solely define Pilar as her sexual preference. This is in stark contrast to Elena who is obsessed with her sexuality and includes it in most of her conversations.

Elena - Cousin - Family - Pilar - Lesson

As Elena is telling her cousin she should come out to the family, Pilar delivers a lesson in humility to Elena. Pilar explains she doesn’t care that the family ignores the fact that she is a ****. “They are not going to change. Look, I know how being gay goes, right? When you first start to figure it out it’s like, 'Oh, no, I might be gay.' And then it’s like, 'Oh, I’m gay.' And then it’s like, 'Gay, gay, gay! Rainbow underwear!' But eventually you realize you’re just a person, and it’s really empowering not to have to be defined by who you want to make out with.” Elena, realizing the lesson Pilar is delivering – people are more than their sexuality – replies, “Oh, wow. I may be the **** Jesus but you're a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!