Trump: Ilhan Omar Should ‘Resign from Congress or … House Foreign Affairs Committee’

Breitbart | 2/10/2019 | Staff
normanorma (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/02/Ilhan-Omar-Getty.jpg

President Donald Trump weighed in again Tuesday on the controversy surrounding antisemitic remarks by Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN), who apologized Monday at the behest of Democratic leaders but kept her committee posts.

Trump told a Cabinet meeting open to reporters: “I think [Omar] should either resign from Congress or she should certainly resign from the House Foreign Affairs Committee.” He also cast doubt on the sincerity of her apology.

Remarks - Pool - Report

His full remarks, via pool report, were as follows:

Anti-Semitism has no place in the United States Congress. And Congressman Omar, it’s terrible what she said and I think she should either resign from Congress or she should certainly resign from the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

Heart - Apology - Word

What she said is so deep-seeded in her heart that her lame apology, that’s what it was, it was lame and she didn’t mean a word of it, was just not appropriate.

I think she should resign from Congress frankly, but at a minimum she shouldn’t be on committees, certainly that committee.

Omar - Israel - Public - Affairs - Committee

Omar apologized but vowed to continue criticizing the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), the pro-Israel...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Homeschool or State Thought Police School, you choose.