Yale Grads Publish Conservative Kids Books

The Daily Signal | 2/11/2019 | Staff
boti (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.dailysignal.com/wp-content/uploads/190211_libertylane.jpg

Virginia Allen is an administrative assistant in the Communications Department of The Heritage Foundation.

Amalia Halikias and Josh Bansal entered Yale University in 2011 and 2012 as two liberal young people, but graduated as conservatives and on a mission to teach children traditional values.

Bansal - Halikias - Ways - Principles - Storytelling

Bansal and Halikias determined that one of the most effective ways to teach moral principles is through storytelling, because books play a pivotal role in any child’s upbringing. Stories craft how young people see the world and the value they place on things like honesty or hard work.

Over the past decade, there has been a dramatic increase in children’s stories that push left-wing ideology over traditional values.

Lack - Children - Stories - Principles - Bonsal

The lack of children’s stories that aim to teach conservative principles is what led Bonsal and Halikias to write “Liberty Lane,” a five-book children’s series promoting the values of hard work, personal responsibility, tradition, humility, and patriotism.

Bonsal and Halikias, both recent Yale graduates, explored their political beliefs during their college careers, a journey that ultimately led them to move right of center.

College - Default - Face - Josh - Yale—the

“I went to college liberal by default, and it was in the face of what Josh and I both experienced at Yale—the liberalism, anti-free speech, and the far left … that I started re-evaluating a lot of my views,” Halikias told The Daily Signal, “and I ended up changing my stance on pretty much every topic.”

When asked why they decided to write “Liberty Lane,” Bansal told The Daily Signal, “A lot of it was informed by our experience in college. Seeing the temper-tantrum mode of argumentation that prevails specifically at Yale and at all these liberal arts universities, it kind of caused us to realize that a lot of it [left-wing ideology] begins to form before people even enter college.”

He went on to say that it has become “normal” to present...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Signal
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: