This $110 sound bar scores high with clarity

CNET | 2/9/2019 | Steve Guttenberg
max1max1 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/0jPx5I-xnbxSdWsnqQ67dhaeWZ4=/724x407/2019/02/07/ac7ea3a3-ee76-420a-9451-eb95d31adff8/61iy9r6rjml-sl1500.jpg

Wohome may not be a household name but it makes Wi-Fi doorbells, dehumidifiers and sound bars. Makes for a rather unusual lineup, don't ya think? Nevertheless, I persisted and requested a review sample of its S9920 sound bar. It's priced at $110, and when unboxing this beauty it looks and feels like a higher-quality speaker than any similarly priced sound bar in my experience. A very promising start, but how does it sound?

In a word: clear. The S9920 is easy to listen to, and that's no small accomplishment for a budget bar. Setup via the optical digital audio input and Bluetooth takes just a few minutes. Other connectivity inputs run to 3.5mm analog audio, USB and coaxial digital audio. A subwoofer output jack is conspicuous in its absence.

S9920 - Sound - Bar - Drivers - Sizes

The S9920 is a 40-inch wide, two-channel sound bar with six drivers (sizes are unspecified), with 80 watts total power.

Disclaimer: CNET may get a share of revenue from the sale of products featured on this page.

Rampage - Tests - S9920 - Stamina - Scenes

The Rampage Blu-ray tests the S9920's stamina, especially the scenes when the giant albino ape George wreaks havoc in Chicago. Disappointment quickly sets in, mostly because bass impact is in short supply, but that's true for most budget bars. Since the S9920 lacks a subwoofer output jack, there's no way to improve its undernourished bass.

My current favorite budget subwoofer-less sound bar, the $100 Vizio SB362An-F6 was on hand for direct comparison, and its more-amply-endowed bass makes Rampage...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Goverment, no matter how big, is always a big problem.
Tagged: